One of my biggest makeup pet peeves is probably a bad eyeliner line. And how to properly apply eyeliner is probably one of the questions i get asked the most.
Lining the eyes with liner, really makes them stand out.
If necessary, curl your lashes for an eye-opening look, before you apply any makeup.
– Prep the lids with a primer if you are going to used eyeshadow.
-Always use freshly sharpen pencil.
-If you are going to used liquid eyeliner, only used it for the top lid and a pencil for the bottom one.
– For the top lid, always go from inner corner to out.
– For the bottom lid, always go from outer corner to in.
– Liner should start where the lashes begin and stop.
Here are 4 simple steps…
1. Gently pull the corner of the eye to smooth any ripples and to keep the skin extended.
2. At the inner most point of your eye, start drawing a straight line.
3. Stay as close as possible to the lash line and keep pulling on the skin gently, this makes the process much easier.
4. For a simple day look, keep the line thin and elegant.
5. For an evening or more dramatic look. Use a thick eyeliner, apply a generous amount following the steps mentioned above and smug it a little for a sexy look like the one in the picture below.
Connect the dots…
Another way to do it is by doting. To get the eyeliner straight, put some small dots along the lid and simply joint them.
Easy enough! Right…
** Eyeliner picture found on Google, but props to the owner who let me know it was originally from her site: